Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stephanie Is Pregnant!

This was Robert's blog on MySpace two weeks after we found out we were pregnant, when we finally decided to share it with the world:

Okay, so...hmmm. How do I say this?

STEPHANIE IS PREGNANT!!!

Yeah, so that's crazy. Wanna hear the story? Okay, I'll tell you.

About two months ago, Steph and I "made love." It, of course, was wonderful. Fast forward two weeks, Steph is an emotional wreck after trying to deal with my dead car while I was at work. It was a horrible experience for her and I'm not going to go into the whole thing. Then, fast forward to the next weekend, Steph and I decided on Saturday evening to go watch "Knocked Up." Truly funny. The whole time we were watching the movie, I was like, "That's us." "I've said that to you before." "That's you right there."

Anyway, after the movie, Steph and I were talking about which couple we would be if we were pregnant or had kids. Then Steph said, "I want to take a test." Those few words started a "discussion" that lasted about 30 minutes over how she would feel if she was or was not pregnant. So, at 1 in the morning we went to Walgreen's and bought some tests, and at 1:15 we had two lines. Surprised by a positive test, Steph frantically dialed her mother to talk things out. So, after an excessive overview of the instruction leaflet and an exhaustive reverification of the two lines, Steph decided she needed to take a second test. It was the same. It was confirmed.

MY BOYS CAN SWIM!!!

That's seriously the first thought I had. Then, Steph got a little upset because she didn't want to tell me she was pregnant at 2 in the morning in her jammies.

So, we've told the families, and now we wanted to tell the rest of the world. I'm freaking out. I can't believe I'm going to be a daddy. Steph and I are so excited. We'll be going to the doctor on July 11th and that's about it. I want to go ahead and ask all of you to make sure that Steph and I don't turn into parents that can't talk about anything but their babies. We both love hanging out and talking with everyone and I don't want this pregnancy to scare anyone off.

I love you all.

No comments: