Robert's thoughts after two weeks with Jack:
It has now been two weeks since little Jack came into this world. It has been an incredibly exciting adventure so far, even though it has definitely been a sanity-depleting experience. I don't really know how to explain what it's like. He's hilarious even though he doesn't really do anything. He's flipped Steph and I off a couple times which we found amusing and my mother found very upsetting. Steph says when he smiles right now, it's really just gas; but he has gas at all the right moments. When someone compliments him, he has gas. When I joke with Steph about who the boss is now, he has gas. When he pees all over the place while his diaper is being change, he has gas. I think it's way too coincidental that he always has gas at highly amusing points.
Speaking of amusing, I was very proud - and slightly shocked - when I was changing his diaper and he peed halfway across the room. It wasn't as amusing to clean up, but it can't all be perfect. Also, he burps and farts like an old man. They aren't light and cute like a baby's should be. They have a good bit of bass to them and they're loud. He makes his daddy proud.
On the downside, he's stubborn like his parents and he doesn't like to sleep. He fights his schedule and he poops like there's no tomorrow.
The worst thing about it is having to go to work, though. Even though he deprives us of silence, rest and overall peace in our house, he's quite possibly the greatest thing to ever happen in my life. He's wonderful. Any time away from him feels like an eternity. I constantly worry that I'll miss something. He's great. I couldn't be more blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment