Friday, March 28, 2008

And the head count is...

When Robert and I went to the doctor for my first visit, she informed us that she thought we might be having twins. I think we were excited about that for about ten minutes, then the reality of having two babies, not just one, started to set in. This is a blog he wrote after we got our first ultrasound and found out there was just one little Jackson in my belly:

Here is a picture of our 1! little baby!



I know this information has let a lot of you down that were hoping for a litter of little Gordon's, but to the relief of Steph and I, there is only one child in her belly. I must admit there is a heavy weight lifted. I really did think that twins would have been cool...for about twenty minutes, then I started thinking about how impossible that would be and I was really hoping we only had one.

So, when we were in the room, looking at the baby on the screen, it WAVED at us! That's insane. Then it started dancing. If you know Stephanie at all, then you know that she is a ballerina; so when the baby started dancing around the nurse said, "It looks like you have a little dancer." I think that really tore up Stephanie. It was beautiful.

This is the craziest experience ever. I know that doesn't mean anything to people that haven't had a baby, but you really don't understand how amazing something like this is until you experience it yourself. To those out there, I totally understand why everything revolves around baby moments. INSANITY.


I'M HAVING A BABY!

No comments: