So this is the blog I wrote after we found out we were having a little boy:
Robert and I went to the doctor Thursday and found out we are having a little boy! A little Flash Jr. to run around and make our lives crazy. It was so awesome watching the ultrasound. When the tech first started, she told us that she was going to take pictures of its organs and spine, and then she would try to determine the gender and let us look at it for a while. But as soon as she started scanning, she said the baby was in a good position to go ahead and look for the gender, except that its legs were crossed really tight. On cue, our little Jackson rolled over and did a spread eagle, letting us know with no doubt that he is all boy! She got a picture of that too, which Robert is very proud of. As soon as we realized it was a boy, I started crying and Robert started what I think was a small version of the "Gordon Shuffle" trying to keep the tech from realizing what he was doing. We both would have been so happy with a boy or a girl, but something about learning what it is, and being able to think of it in terms of your little boy or your little girl, just makes it so much more real. Plus, this is going to pass on the Gordon name to another generation, which is awesome.
After we found out he was a boy, the tech started taking her other pictures. We got to watch our son roll around and move all his limbs, and he literally did not sit still for a minute. He kept grabbing his feet with his hands and pulling them up near his face, and then he would stretch and yawn and roll over in my belly. It was just incredible to see him moving, a tiny version of the boy we will see in person in a few months. The best part of the ultrasound though was definitely seeing his little face in 4D. We were able to see him yawn, and put his hands up near his face, and you could really make out the detail of his eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. It just amazes me to think that 5 months ago he was nothing but a few cells, and so quickly he has grown into a baby, a little part of Robert and I. The tech took several pictures in 4D that we got to keep, and in one of them, my son is cuddled up inside me, with his head against one of my organs, almost like I am holding or rocking him internally. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
All the grandparents are very excited, none of them more than Robert's dad and my dad I think. Robert's dad because this brings another generation of Gordon men, and my dad because he got to raise two girls (and I know he wouldn't change that for anything) but now we will finally have a little boy around, who maybe will play sports if he wants to (and if he is more coordinated than his mother) and watch the Packers with grandpa.
If anyone wants to see pictures of Jackson Ronald Gordon, Robert has a few up on his page. They are kind of grainy, but you can at least make out the one where he is flashing the world. For now I will look at them every day, thinking about my little boy growing inside me, trying my best to continue nurturing him and helping him prepare for the world, impatiently waiting for the day he gets to cuddle against my heart and be held by my arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment