Robert's thoughts after three weeks with Jack:
I said it wouldn't happen, I've fought it as long as I could, but it has begun. I have nothing to talk about, or write about, that doesn't have to do with little Jack. Through sleep deprivation, lack of diversity in my schedule, and the overwhelming love I have for this boy, I have nothing of worth to contribute to conversations. I started noticing this issue two weeks ago. I wanted to say funny things, I wanted to even make some serious dialogue, but all that could come out of my mouth was, "Jack takes huge dumps. You should hear how deep his burps and farts are." What? Pathetic.
I started reading a lot of books and stuff in hopes of opening up new dialogue but the same crap keeps dropping out of my mouth. I have had serious issues maintaining a conversation for longer than 10 minutes without having to talk about Jack. I know I'm a proud dad and I know that Jack is cooler than any other kid I've ever come into contact with, but I realized when I was talking to Tim the other day, when I mentioned Jack's bowel movements in conversation three times, that Jack is awesome, but not very eventful.
But it's not all bad. I mean, it made me realize how much I'm going to love it when he actually does start doing things. And I know how much fun it's going to be to listen to Steph overanalyze everything he does. I know this won't really translate to people who aren't planning on kids or even thinking about kids, but it's such an amazing thing being a parent. I just don't want anyone to feel alienated from me and Steph becuase we are retarded being parents right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment