Sadly, the word that keeps coming to mind is demon spawn. But most of you probably wouldn't approve of me calling my son that. And of course that is an exaggeration, but my goodness! This child is changing waaayyy to fast for me to keep up. He went from curious, exploratory crawling to all out mischief in no time. On Saturday I had him in the office and he figured out how to stand up (YES, I said STAND UP!!) by leaning on the step up into the kitchen, and then proceeded to climb up the step and start crawling away. Granted I was watching and would not have let him get hurt, but it was yet another reminder that we cannot take our eyes off him for a second now.
Later on Saturday, I had to put him in his crib to clean up from a dirty diaper gone wrong, and he figured out how to pull up to standing using his crib rail. Needless to say Robert had the screwdriver out dropping the crib down to the lowest level real fast! After those two instances though, it was like a whole new world was opened up to Jack. Now we can't sit in the living room without him crawling around to all the furniture and pulling up on it. And while this is so, so exciting, it is so, so SCARY for me. I wind up not sitting at all, but instead scuttling along behind him in fear that he will, gasp, FALL.
I think the greatest part for Jack though is the amount of options it has opened for him. Tonight Robert left the living room to make supper, and Jack decided to tag along, crawling his way to the kitchen. I followed after he rounded the corner, and the grin on his face when he looked at me, like "I did this all by myself" was priceless. While we ate dinner he amused himself by crawling back and forth across the threshold to the kitchen and the hallway, peeping in the doorway at us and laughing.
And with all these exciting developments, I almost forgot to talk about Halloween! Jack went as The Flash, with Robert wearing his Flash shirt as well. He was so cute in his little costume! And he was a suprisingly good sport about the whole thing, even with getting lugged around and shown off all day. We didn't do the trick-or-treat thing but we did go to a family party and Jack got to play with all his cousins in costume. I should have pics on Flickr soon, though that is all dependent on finding time away from little man to get anything done.
Babyproofing tips are much appreciated. Right now I'm thinking padded floors, padded furniture, padded everything is the best option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment