Monday, October 20, 2008

Creepy Crawly

Well, we have reached another developmental milestone. Jack has finally figured out how to crawl. I have been watching for the past month as he slowly put all the pieces together, and last weekend he got up the nerve to test it out. He was a bit timid at first, but we sweetened the deal by piling up all the cell phones, remotes and keys we could find about three feet away from him. In retrospect this may have been a bad idea, because since he realized he could actually move wherever he wanted to whenever he wanted to, there has been no stopping him. He has already crawled to the t.v. stand, opened the cabinet door, and pulled out all our old nintendo games. He also pulled out all of the speaker wire that Robert had painstakingly hidden under the front of the fireplace, wrapped himself up in it, and attempted to crawl away. (I will admit I actually watched this scene, it was too comical to stop him!) He is so cute scuttling across the floor getting into trouble.

In other developments, he is starting to realize that his voice can be used for more than cooing happily all day, and he wants to show us constantly. By whining. And whining. And whining. All the time. Time to change his diaper? Whining. Making his meal too slowly? Whining. Finished with the meal too fast? Whining. Removing him from the cabinets/wires/tables he is constantly trying to get into/under? Whining. I feel like I have gone from the happiest little boy in the world to a possessed child who's sole purpose in life is to drive me insane. There is only one whiner in this family. And it is me. I try to hard to talk it out, even though he can't always understand me, or to divert his attention to something else, but I won't lie, I have caught myself whining back at him on more than one occasion.

Other than the constant whining as the background music for our lives, things are going great. Robert and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary earlier this month, and we have managed to enjoy some family outings even with all the insanity of school. Just yesterday we took Jack to a pumpkin festival and up to Point Park to watch the sunset - hopefully I'll have pics up soon.

Next on the horizon...searching for childcare centers....

No comments: