Monday, May 26, 2008

Golden Age

Recently every day has held something new with Jack. Within the last two weeks he has become interested in his feet, grabbing them and pulling them towards his mouth at every opportunity. He has also started trying to sit up while holding onto our fingers, and each time he accomplishes this he grins with pride. My favorite thing though is his laughter. Robert plays "Monster Baby" with him, holding him above our heads and letting him kick at us, and he just laughs and laughs. It is the most beautiful sound in the world to me.

I have never been a very calm person, at least not in the sense that I can just relax and sit around. Usually when we are at home I have to be doing something, whether it is housework or school work or a project (as an example - just last weekend I cleaned out Jack's closet for oh, the FIFTH time since he was born). But with Jack all that changes. I find myself content to lay next to him on the floor all afternoon, learning all the intricacies of how fingers and toes move, and exploring how fun it is to pull mommy's hair. It seems like every hour he discovers something new to be intrigued by. I could take his picture all day long, trying to capture each different expression, and yet I know I will never be able to catch all these moments as he changes so fast.

No comments: