Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

My birthday was Sunday and I got the best present ever - two front teeth! That's right, Jack sprouted both of his bottom front teeth seemingly overnight, and is now chomping away like a big boy. We were honestly taken by surprise that the teeth were there, because he had gotten shots on Thursday and when he was a little fussy we just thought it was because of that. So when I stuck my finger in his mouth on Sunday, it was definitely a shock to feel something sharp in there!

The rest of my birthday was great as well. We took Jack to the Hunter Museum and found out that he has an odd connection to art from before the 1800's. I really thought he would like the modern art, but he could have cared less about it. But put him in front of a portrait of George Washington and he will happily stare at it all afternoon, even laughing at how "funny" it is. And my wonderful husband was sweet enough to let me sleep in THREE mornings in a row, which was just plain awesome. It even motivated me to clean the house some. Some.

But I would have to say my favorite part of my birthday was picking Jack up out of his crib this morning and getting three kisses from him. He is just learning this whole kissing thing, so it is a real privilege to get one. But when he woke up this morning and I went in to pick him up, he grabbed my face and planted one on me. Then he started laughing, grabbed me again and kissed me twice more before burying his face in my neck. It was one of the sweetest moments I have ever experienced.

I have to say that 27 feels like it is going to fit me. I don't want to jinx the year or anything, but it feels like a good age. Even though life is crazy with juggling school and work and home, I feel more pulled together than ever, and so wonderfully settled with my family. I couldn't ask for anything more and I just hope time will slow down enough for me to soak some of this happiness in before another year goes by.

No comments: