Robert and I went to Six Flags yesterday, and we learned several things.
1) Going to Six Flags the weekend after school starts is really smart. There were like no lines. The only down side was how HOT it was.
2) We are OLD. I used to insist on arriving at amusement parks before they opened, so I could be the first to run through the gates and get in line for my favorite ride. I would drag Robert from coaster to coaster all day, nonstop until they stopped all the rides. Yesterday, we meandered our way down to Atlanta, arriving at the park a leisurely two hours after it opened. We made it through four rides before giving in to exhaustion and stopping to eat. Eating was apparently a bad idea because one coaster later we were both sick and had to take yet another break. Somehow this break wound up lasting an hour, as we sat on a bench, too hot and tired to move, instead happy to sit there and people watch. We made it through a couple water rides and a few more coasters before finally admitting that we were exhausted, and we actually left the park before it closed - I never do that!
3) Jack is what makes things fun for us now. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time together and we definitely needed a day to ourselves, but we both found ourselves talking about what it will be like when we can bring him. I kept pointing out the kids areas, like the Thomas the Train playground, and the giant water play area. And Robert kept looking at little kids running around all excited, and talking about how he can't wait to see Jack like that.
I guess its safe to say that our perspective has changed. Seeing things through his eyes is going to be so fun. Plus he's a great excuse for slowing the pace and taking more breaks, so Robert and I won't have to admit how old we really feel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment