I'm tired of thinking of titles for these posts. I think that is half the battle in getting me to write one - trying to think up that snazzy one liner to convince my one reader that yes, reading this post might actually be worth her time. Things around here have been in CRAZY mode lately. I wrapped up my first summer semester of school last week and start back tonight. The amount of writing I did for my two classes over the last seven weeks was absolutely insane, so I'm going to blame my lack of posting on that. But it really has more to do with the fact that Jack becomes increasingly more active and attention demanding every day.
When he was born and I was trying to keep up with school work I would dream of the days that he was just a little bit older, when he would go longer between feedings, allowing me more time to sit down and focus on school work between meals. Yeah....Didn't really think about the fact that as he got older he would be, you know, MOBILE. And AWAKE. He cannot stand to sit in his swing anymore, as it restricts his ability to flail all his limbs around in an attempt to kick or grab everything in site. This is not particularly a problem for me, as I am happy to lay him on his playmat or on a blanket on the floor to explore his world. The problem lies in the fact that the only thing he wants to do when he lays down is roll over. Which is wonderful. Do not get me wrong, I am so happy he can roll over and that I can mark that off the developmental list that we all know I keep in my head. I just wish he would learn how to roll back onto his back when he is done. Because right now his favorite thing to do is roll onto his stomach, look around with interest for about 60 seconds, then proceed to flail around and bang his head on the floor screaming until I roll him back over. For some reason this flailing also results in a runny nose, so usually when I roll him back over he has snot all over his face. Which is lovely. As soon as I roll him over he looks at me, laughs, and rolls back onto his stomach again so that we can start the whole process over. It wouldn't drive me nearly as crazy if he didn't laugh every time I helped him, like "Haha, the joke's on you woman".
As I posted the above he was sleeping, and now he is awake, ready to go full force, and it has taken me ten minutes to finish this sentence, as I have already rolled him back over ninety times. Seriously. So I'm wrapping this up. But Robert and I are working on something really special that will hopefully be posted by the end of the week. I'm typing that now to force myself to have a deadline. Okay, snot-face is forcing me to end this post for real now. Check back soon for exciting updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment