Sunday, April 13, 2008

8 weeks old

So I realize that no one is probably reading this anymore since it has been two weeks since our last post. But things have really been moving over here - I started back to work last week, and I've been trying to catch up with school work before the semester ends. And of course things have been changing with Jack!

He is so much fun to play with that I get nothing done when he is awake. Over the past two weeks he has gone from howling at us to chatting away in his little baby language. He coos and smiles, and tries so hard to talk to us. He has also started to notice Sandy, and will stare at her whenever she is in his line of vision. And when she will sit still long enough to stay close to him, he will wave his hand around trying to grab her fur. He's starting to move his arms alot. Robert and I actually watched him lay on his playmat today and swing at a giraffe over and over to watch it move. He just played by himself and he would smile everytime he got the giraffe to swing. I would have to say my favorite development over the past two weeks is that he now enjoys just laying in his bed and talking to himself sometimes. This morning he stayed in bed till 8:00 just babbling, and thanks to Robert I was finally able to get a full 8 hours of sleep!

What amazes me the most about parenthood is how much he changes from one day to the next, and it just makes every day better than the one before.

No comments: