Jack has reached a new stage in his ever evolving life. He has begun narrating every aspect of his life, whether it be eating, playing, watching a movie, or pretending to work on the computer (my particular favorite). It's weird, though, because you can tell he's working extra hard on chaining syllables together to make something understandable for us to enjoy. Almost every day he masters a new word or puts together a new phrase. But, of course, with all other new stages, the frustration of overcoming a new challenge makes Jack a very irritable boy. We consistently battle because he cannot tell me whatever it is he wants to and he takes that frustration out on me. That's right, my 1 year old son is abusing me. Ridiculous. Seriously, Jack and I have been working on certain phrases that I think are absolutely necessary for his early communications. We've been working on things like, "Food now." "Poop in pants." "I'm drunk." and my favorite "Hey baby!" I have to report that the only one of these awesome phrases he's been able to master so far is the latter part of "hey baby!" He runs around all day pointing at everything and going "Ba-beee!?!" to which I respond, "No, that's (insert whatever he's pointing at)."
In all other respects, Jack is abiding by his own normal standards of insanity. He's killing me with his desire to mimic. Steph is laying on the couch watching a movie so Jack laid on his couch and started watching the movie just like she was. That boy loves his mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment